Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

Before the usual blog, I would like to say Thank You to all the Veterans who blog and follow this blog. My family has always celebrated this Holiday with the true meaning of it. I can remember as a young boy, My Grandfather saying how Freedom is never free. Someone in either your family or a family that is close to you has paid in blood for it. His brother my Great Uncle John who I never met was killed on Normandy Beach. My Dad served in the Pacific during WW2, Myself and my brother Bill are Viet Nam Vets, My son Tim is a veteran of Desert Storm. Is it selfish to look at your Grandson and think, Please God spare him the duty his family before him has shouldered. Maybe so, But again THANKS. FREEDOM IS NOT FREE.

Mach1

                           Be there in a second.

We started our day at the campground with coffee and then Donna & I sat with the neighbors next to us, and then I started to dismantle the campsite. Donna & Rigg's left about 10:00AM, of course Adam & I had to get the slide in and stow everything for travel, and then make a quick stop at the dump station. We got back home at about noon, Adam got his bike off the back and raced to find his friends, I parked the trailer and put it on life support on its pad, it's combat ready for a quick exit on our next outing.

I went up and laid on the couch and then next thing I knew Rigg's came over and laid down and crashed. Look's like camping and running after his squeekee was to much for one day, I know he slept good every night  while camping.

I have a lot of catching up to do on the blogs I missed with the limited access I had to the internet last week. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

6 comments:

  1. Sam...thank YOU and those in your family for your service to our country. May you have a wonderful Memorial Day. :)

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
    http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to you and all the members of your family for your service. Your family certainly has served our country well.

    Love the picture. Is is real or photo-shopped? It's amazing, however!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good weekend With Donna and grandson Adam and Riggs like most labs they don't care as long as there owner is with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you're all back home safe and sound after what looked to be a great camping trip. I'll bet Riggs is plenty tired after all of that excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet Adam sure liked assisting in the dumping and slide in procedures!
    (slides are like Big Boy Transformers!)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, think I'll have some time tomorrow morning to catch up on the blogs I follow after the very busy last two days of traveling. Two of my three kids are active duty, and the other is a vet. Hoo-wah! Thanks to you and yours, and thanks to mine for defending our freedoms!!!

    ReplyDelete