Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Wednesday Musings

Was up at 04:30am,coffee with my bride, and then a tough for Rigg’s goodbye, He kept jumping upon the counter where we keep his leash and choke collar because he wanted to go. But finally I had to say see ya buddy.Donna and I left at 05:30AM, her for work and me for PA.

I couldn’t document the entry into Illinois since it is only 24 miles from home and it’s dark when I crossed but I waited to 08:00AM and got the trucker’s cross in Effingham IL.

EffinghamIL10-06-10a

Then it was into Indiana and a stop at the Welcome Center.

Indiana10-06-10a

After that I crossed into Ohio a little after 12 Noon.

Ohio10-06-10a

Then I decide since it was till early in the afternoon I would wait till after crossing into PA. before stopping for the night, I got into Clarion PA, about 04:30PM and called it quits. Got a room at the quality Inn, it has Wi-Fi a Mexican Restaurant and a Bar or for the civilized out there a Lounge.Had a great south of the border dinner by real Mexican Americans. a couple of cold ones to put the fire out and after this blog is posted I will turn on the TV and hit the sack.

Tomorrow will be a short day I should arrive in Scranton around noon. Saw a lot of westbound RV traffic on I-70 and I-80 so the snowbird rush is starting. Wish we were with them. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like your trip to PA is going well. I was born in PA and we used to camp near Clarion. It should be pretty this time of year. We used to go to the Autumn Leaf Festival there. Poor Riggs, his daddy left him behind and surgery. You better bring him a nice gift when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a pretty good travel day, Sam, with a great dinner at the end to boot! Safe travels tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know you had a safe trip today. Poor Riggs. He'll be so happy in a few weeks when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. safe travels, Sam..Riggs will be waiting for you when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya, its gonna be really hard watching them all leave this year as I sit here sidelined! Have a safe trip to Scranton!
    Rod

    ReplyDelete