Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Sunday, December 5, 2010

FROM DONNA'S RECIPE BOX

With the holidays upon us, many times we are asked to bring as dish or dessert.
Here is a great, easy, melt in your mouth cookie.  Took some into the restaurant last night
and the kids gobbled them up.
GOOEY BUTTER COOKIES
1 stick margarine (or butter)
1 oz pkg cream cheese (reg or low fat)
1/4 teaspon vanilla
1 egg
1 pkg butter recipe cake mix (yellow or chocolate)
powdered sugar.

Cream butter and cream cheese.  Add egg and vanilla, Mix. Add cake mix.
Roll into balls and dredge in powdered sugar.
Bake 350 for 10-13 minutes.

Once you've tried these they will become a favorite.

Before you forget here's a picture of a genuine homemade PA style square pizza.
This is for Nellie, it's good when it's cold outside.

Here are some pictures of Rigg's and Sadie at home in MO.

Sadie watching her Dad & Mom leave out the back door..
Okay let's snuggle and take a nap...
You want to play tug?
Hey Grandpa come home soon so I can meet you, Rigg's says don't forget the presents for us..




11 comments:

  1. I bet Donna has a feast waiting for you when you get home. I can tell you're longing for a bit of her Home Cooking. *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS TO YOU AND DONNA FOR THE GREAT RECIPE..I COPIED AND PASTED IT INTO MY DOCUMENTS SO I CAN PRINT IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made this as a cake before, but never thought about doing it as cookies! It is delish as a cake so I'll have to give this a try! Thanks for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, cookies and pizza. I am not sure which one I would have first. Thanks for posting the cookie recipe, it sounds great. Also enjoyed the puppy dog pictures, you can never have too many of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cookie recipe looks good, and I'm going to try it when I get back to Sacramento. I don't have the ingredients handy in my truck camper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sam, thank you to you and Donna for that cookie recipe. I've seen other recipes using cake mix, but this one sounds different and delicious. I plan on trying your receipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your doggie pictures are so cute. I know you are missing them.
    Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Sam, I printed the recipe off. I'm not much of a baker, but I do know someone who is!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lots of prezzies please!!!..nice recipe..going to have to give that one a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Geez Louise!! You're killing me old man! :) Sam, you are the devil for posting that pizza picture for sure. I'm telling Santa not to bring you ANY presents this year. And to make it worse, your beautiful wife is also trying to kill me with that recipe. FEED ME!! I'm tired of eating healthy!

    Nellie
    http://midlifecruiser.blogspot.com
    (36 year old fulltime RVer living la vida loca with a cute-butt husband and a stink-butt dog!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those cookies sound very easy to make and very tasty. I will have to give them a try. I think you really miss your puppy. Hope Wendy is doing ok..

    ReplyDelete