Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thursday Happenings.

We were up at the usual 04:30AM, had our coffee and then Donna launched from the starboard catapult for the truck company and then the restaurant.
Tuesday right after we got home I got a call from Adam who asked if I could come to his school Thursday at 12:30PM for a Veterans Assembly, I could tell he was excited about it so I said sure, as long as I don’t have to sing.
So today I put on a Navy Tee and a ball cap and went for his assembly honoring veterans, He was so proud of his Grandpa I thought he would bust.
Adam's school11-10-11a
                  Adam’s School in Warrenton MO.
Grandpa&Adam11-10-11a
         Grandpa & Adam before the assembly.
assembly11-10-11a
                               The Vet’s on stage.
Adam11-10-11a
                                  The kid’s.
It was a lot of fun and I met another Vet who had been a policeman with me and I hadn’t seen in ten years. It seems lately I have been running into people I hadn’t seen in years. Adam was happy because he got to get out of class and go home with me when the assembly was over. He will be spending the weekend with us.
Here is an update on our fiver, we got three bids, Donna called the insurance company before we went to Branson and they said an adjustor would be getting in contact with us, When we got back she called again and they said yesterday that they would have an adjustor contact us within 48 hours, so are still waiting. If the insurance doesn’t cover it it looks like we will be out about $2800.00 One bid was for $3900.00.
Either way we will have the fiver back in top shape before spring and be ready for a trip in March.
Decided when we got home to thaw out a PA pizza shell (square) and we are making a pizza for supper.
That’s about it for today, everyone have a great week and be safe out there. Sam & Donna…

6 comments:

  1. How nice that you could go to Adam's assembly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey your lucky my grandson ask me if I was in the Civil War..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it meant a lot to Adam that you were there and he could be proud of you.

    I've had to dig out my "Blue Star Flag" and my heart is nearly breaking! But thank God for our military and vets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you both looked pretty darn proud!! Thank you Sam for your service to our country!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWww you guys looked just GREAT together!!! what a wonderful thing that you could come and be a part of Adam's day!
    .

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. No wonder Adam was so proud - what a great event! Congrats!

    Those quotes for the repairs aren't as bad as I thought they'd be - still too much to pay yourself, so I sure hope the insurance company does the right thing and pays up.

    ReplyDelete