Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wednesday Musings.

Up at 04:30AM with my bride, coffee, and surprisingly I felt well rested, Donna was out the door at 05:30AM . Rigg’s was still laying on our bed getting his extra hour until Nicole gets up and gets ready for school. He is such a lop and so spoiled.

Had dishes to do and about 4 loads of wash for this morning. then the harsh reality of being home from vacation hit, Today is trash dumpster day so I had to take it down to the road.

Yep were back home and Donna is at work and I am doing the house chores, right now both Rigg’s and Sadie are laying by my feet, Rigg’s won’t leave my side now for a couple days because we were gone and he wants me to stay with him.

Adam is coming over tomorrow after school, he doesn’t have school Friday so his weekend with Grandpa starts a day early, Nicky likes that because then she has a buddy to play with.

Been reading blogs and trying to catch up on four days worth that I am behind. In doing so I read from another blogger that they are giving up blogging for awhile due to other commitments, and just not enough time. I can understand that. I am fully retired and have a lot of free time during the day when Donna is gone, sometimes it still is tough to keep up. I just do the best I can and sometimes it is a couple days between comments. but if you don’t hear from us, don’t worry were still here and will be back to you soon as we can.

It rained just about everyday we were gone so the roof is still not completely finished, they have a section yet on the back that still has old shingles, but the rest is all new stuff. My son said one sunny day and it will be done.

Well, that’s about it for today, Donna has the restaurant tonight, so I will have a small supper to prepare, usually Nicole and I share a meal and my son and his girlfriend fend for themselves.

Everyone be safe out there. Sam & Donna…

8 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's kind of hard to settle back in that old routine. But it's nice that you have lots of time to get all the catching up done. Riggs is going to make sure you don't disappear on him again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great to get away..Dennis has to drag me kicking and screaming back to reality...I rained 3" yesterday here..Hope we don't get the Hiker stuck getting it up on the drive next Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is soooo hard to get back in the swing of things after such a nice vacation!! Sounds like Riggs and Sadie are glad to see you and Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you wish vacation could last forever? Someday...

    ReplyDelete
  5. have fun getting all the chores done!..that is the one sad part about vacation being over!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We know what you mean about not always having time to read blogs or make posts. We have a hard time with that when we are on the road. I try to keep up but it is hard especially when we don't always have internet. Most of the time Kevin does but I don't always have it. You can only do so much! Hope the weather gets better now that you are back.

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's tough to get back into the swing of things after being away for sure. A few more days at home will take care of that though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well rested?!? What's that like? :) Someday I'm going to be well rested, somebody will probably have to knock me out to do it but I'll take it anyway I can get it! :)~

    Erik

    ReplyDelete