Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tuesday Thoughts

We are back in the routine of things, up at 04:30am coffee, then Donna is out the door at 05:30am, Andy gets out of here at 06:00am and now it’s just Sam as Adam is gone too. This morning I took Donna’s car over to Auto Zone as her check engine light came on when she was on her way to work yesterday. She took my good truck to work this morning. My old boss Terry put the code reader on it and it came up as a number 5 cylinder misfire, I had him clear the code and put a bottle of injector cleaner in, I also bought one spark plug in case it came back on, then if it persist after the spark plug change I will have to change the wire and coil pack. I drove it home and it ran smooth and no light, so we will see, it was running fine before it sat a week, Plus the plugs were changed about 6 months ago, so time will tell.

I came back and about 10am I fired up John Deere and went out to cut grass, It had been two weeks since I cut it last and even with the extreme 90 degree plus hot spell they have had it was over six inches tall, I did about 3/4 of the 2 acres with two passes to cut down on the clumps, and will finish the back 1/4 acre in the morning as it got to be about 1:30PM and the temperature was in the 90’s and the sun was at it’s highest. and enough was enough.

Rigg’s wanted to show off a couple more pictures of the vacation.

Rigg's&Donna07-27-10a

I put my ball in Mom’s lap in she throws it to me.

Rigg's&Donna07-27-10b

                   This is how I sit for her.

Rigg's&Donna07-27-10c

                    Mom is watching TV, Me to.

Rigg's07-27-10a

Mom yelled at me for stealing and made me lay on the kitchen floor for time out.

Today Rigg’s got in trouble for stealing and Donna made him lay down on the kitchen floor for a time out, it is sure amazing how he stayed put until she said ok. I wish it would have been that easy with the kids, they would whine the whole time.

Only home two days and I am itching to hook up and take a road trip to Fort Madison for some more train time. That’s about it for today, Be safe out there. Sam & Donna…

3 comments:

  1. Well.... WHAT did he steal???

    (poor doggie)


    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure hope that took care of the "check engine" light. We'll cross our fingers!!
    It is amazing how fast grass grows even when it is hot and dry.
    Yea, our son would never sit in "time out" very well. I always felt like I was the one being punished. LOL I think Riggs listens to his mama real nicely.

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

    ReplyDelete