Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday Mumblings.

Up early with Donna, we had coffee, and the she decided, to nap a little longer, so I went downstairs to my office, I smelled something good like baking about an hour later and went upstairs, and Donna had hot blueberry muffins for me and was baking some cookies for one of the guys at the restaurant for tonight, I said what happened to the nap, and she said you know me on weekends I have to bake something.

I was hoping to take the two kids, Nicole & Chris out to see some bald eagles, but their Mom wanted to take them shopping, so I had a lazy stay at home afternoon, I did work on a model steam engine that wouldn’t run and fabricated some brass pick up shoes to rub against the back of the drive wheels and pick up current from the track, the original was a poor design and was always stalling. It ended up working great.

I am heating the oven now for a pizza, the kids should be home soon, I am going to pop it in as soon as they get in, Grandpa is hungry too.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

That’s about it Donna left for the restaurant at 04:00PM, so far she doesn’t have to work tomorrow so she will have one full day off this week. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna….

8 comments:

  1. I can't believe the snow you guys are getting this year. I guess it's about the same amount, but seems to fall more often. Take care out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to add pizza to my menu list. One of my goals for this year is to plan our menus and grocery shopping accordingly...I know I don't spend as much that way.

    Donna's blueberry muffins sound yummy too. I am making Ron's gramma's Butta soup recipe for dinner - potatoes, noodles, cream, butter - and a family favorite...

    Hope you enjoy your evening with the family. I am so enjoying being with my son and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a fun evening with the kids..eating pizza sounds like a great saturday event!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping that Donna can be home with you tomorrow..and just chill, enjoying each other's company....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good day to just unwind. Or dream of upcoming RV trips?

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a really good day. Starting out with Blueberry Muffins and ending with pizza!
    By the way, I really like your header pic. The snow is so pretty,fresh and clean.
    Take care and hope tomorrow is a good day too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm...those blueberry muffins smell good from here. Can you save me one!

    Sorry you didn't get out to see the blad eagles, maybe next time you have all the kids together you can go.

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hot blueberry muffins in the morning and pizza in the evening. Sounds like a perfect day to me.

    ReplyDelete